In this polishing tip we clean a headlight from a Ford F150 using Autosol metal polish. The video includes polishing instructions for cleaning a car or truck headlight by hand as well as using a drill with a buffing wheel.
Instructions and Application :
1. Apply a small amount of Autosol evenly on the headlight lens with your gloved finger tips.
2. Rub the paste in a circular motion with a micro fiber cloth.
3. Turn over the micro fiber cloth and wipe all the polish off and buff to a shine.
4. Continue around the headlight lens until finished.
|Polish Guy Tip : “Mask off your lights with easy release low tack painters tape to avoid accidental damage to surrounding areas of your vehicle.”|
Optional – Use the buffing wheel included in the Autosol Headlight Refinishing Kit
1. Apply Autosol polish evenly on the headlight with the fingertips of your nitrile glove.
2. With the buffing wheel on your cordless power drill, slowly buff the polish so that it does not splatter.
3. Let the buffing wheel do the work using low speeds and polishing at 90 degree angles.
|Polish Guy Tip : “Watch for heat build up that could distort your headlight lens caused by excessive pressure on the buffing wheel. This is usually not a problem, but it is good to be aware of it. “|
Before and After: