In this polishing tip an antique Frary’s brass and iron scale is restored using Autosol Metal Polish.
- Autosol® Metal Polish in a 75 ml tube (3.33 ounces) tube
- Microfiber cloth
- Nitrile Gloves
- Fuller Detail Brush made of 100% horse hair
- 0000 steel wool
Instructions and Application :
1. Apply a small amount of Autosol on the finger tip of your nitrile glove and spread on the face of the brass scale. Let it sit there a minute.
2. Very gently scrub the Autosol polish in small circular motion with 0000 steel wool. If you do not have 0000 steel wool just continue with the tip of your gloved finger. Wearing gloves will keep your hands clean as the tarnish that lifts will be black and get your hands dirty.
3.Wipe off the polish residue with a paper towel and repeat steps 2 and 3.
4. Buff to a mirror shine with a microfiber cloth.
5. Apply Autosol onto the iron back of the scale and loop and hook. Wipe off with a clean paper towel and buff with the microfiber cloth. This will clean the iron and leave a protective film on the complete scale.
6. Total elapsed time to do this 10 inch tall scale was just under 10 minutes.
Before and After: