In this demonstration we use a Faucet & Fixture Care Kit that includes Simichrome and Flitz Faucet & Fixture Wax to polish a chrome bath tub faucet spout. The tutorial includes detailed work instructions and best practices.
- Faucet & Fixture Care Kit
- Flitz Faucet & Fixture Wax
- Simichrome polish in a 1.76 ounce tube
- Micro Fiber Cloth
- Pair of nitrile gloves
- Paper towel or small soft rag
Instructions and Application :
1. Apply a dime size spot of Simichrome polish onto the finger tip of your nitrile glove. The nitrile gloves will keep your hands clean. Cover the entire faucet spout, top and bottom, with a thin layer of polish. Reapply more polish if needed until faucet spout is completely covered.
2. Rub the polish on evenly over the surface you wish to polish and let sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Take a micro fiber cloth and rub off the Simichrome briskly before the Simichrome polish dries . Flip the cloth to a clean spot and buff to the desired sheen. If you have a heavy build up of lime deposits, you may need to repeat the applications of polish to the area involved. This will help to soften it. You may then be able to scrape the deposit off with your finger nail. Then polish to the shine desired.
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 for the tubs’ chrome drain control, the drain hole cover, the faucet hot & cold water control or faucet handles, depending on the type of fixture you have. If desired you may tape off the faucet set’s chrome trim with low tack painters tape to help keep the polish off of your tubs’ surround surface.
4. After you are happy with the faucets new shine, for added protection, pour a small amount of Flitz Faucet & Fixture Wax onto a paper towel or soft rag. Just enough to moisten it well, not soak it. Rub it on all over the fixture and let dry. Polish the Flitz off to a high shine as desired.
|Polish Guy Tip : “For regular maintenance, periodically wipe down the faucet set with a little Flitz Faucet & Fixture Wax. It will remove and protect against finger prints, make up, hair spray, soap scum and lime deposits. The microfiber cloth is also great for routine cleaning of all your bathroom fixtures as it takes off fingerprints and grime and polishes surfaces streak free and lint free too.“|
Before and After: