Brightening the finish of mid century brasses on a mahogany chest
This post is to show how easy it is to brighten the finish of mid century brass pulls with Wenol Red & Blue metal polish.
- Tube of Wenol Red Polish
- Tube of Wenol Ultra Soft (Blue) Polish
- Nirile Gloves
- Horse Hair Detail Brush
- Microfiber Cloth
Instruction and Application:
- Squeeze a small amount of the Wenol polish out of the red tube onto the brass backplate. A small length of 1/4 inch or so is more than enough for each pull.
- Spread the polish evenly with your finger tips. If you have some nitrile gloves, it spreads easier and also keeps your hands clean.
- Let the Wenol polish sit and work for a minute or so. Make sure you have covered all surfaces including tight areas where the bail mount joins the backplate so that you get an even finish.
- Wipe off the Wenol polish before it dries and crusts over with a soft cloth or even a paper towel. If you have a soft horse hair brush it is useful for taking out the polish that can get caught in tight crevices.
- Take a microfiber cloth and buff to the desired sheen. If you would like a higher shine, apply the polish again. It took less than 5 minutes on each of the pulls we polished.
- For an even higher shine and some longer protection from corrosion, as a last step apply Wenol Ultra Soft polish in the blue tube. It gives you an awesome finish.