Episode #6 – How to Polish an Andersen® Door Handle using Simichrome
In this demonstration we use Simichrome to polish an Andersen® Perma-Shield Frenchwood hinged patio door’s brass entrance handle. The tutorial includes a detailed work instructions and best practices.
Instructions and Application :
1. Apply a dime size spot of Simichrome polish on to the finger tip of your nitrile glove. Cover the brass lock handle on the top and bottom evenly with a thin layer of polish. Reapply more polish if needed until handle is completely covered.
2. Rub the polish on evenly over the brass surface you wish to polish and let sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Take a micro fiber cloth and rub off the Simichrome briskly. Flip the cloth to a clean spot and buff to the desired sheen.
4. Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3 for the locks escutcheon back plate. If desired you may tape off the lock set’s brass trim plate with low tack painters tape to help keep the pre-finished door styles clean on the patio door.
4. The Simichrome polish leaves a thin film that will help protect the brass lock set from corrosion for months.
|Polish Guy Tip : “For regular maintenance, periodically wipe down the lock set with a microfiber cloth. It is also great for taking off fingerprints and grime. Microfiber cloths polish surfaces streak free and lint free too.“|
Before and After: