Episode #5 – How to Polish a Chrome Car Rim Using Flitz Polish & a Buff Ball
In this polishing tip we polish a Jeep wheel using Flitz Metal Polish and a BuffBall. The tutorial includes detailed work instructions and best practices.
Instructions and Application :
1. Apply Flitz Metal Polish directly from the tube to the finger tip of your nitrile glove.
2. Rub the polish on evenly over the surface you wish to polish and let sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Slowly run the Buffing Ball into the openings of the Jeep wheel. The ball will get right into the small openings and conform to the shape and polish the wheel.
3. Take a micro fiber cloth and rub off any remaining polish. Flip the cloth to a clean spot and buff to the desired sheen.
4. The Flitz polish leaves a thin film that will help protect the wheel from corrosion for months. To maintain, periodically wipe down with a microfiber cloth to restore the shine and wipe off brake dust as needed.
|Polish Guy Tip : “Flitz polish is good to use on your cars aluminum or chrome trim. Flitz also safely removes tree sap, finger prints, bird droppings and bugs. It is non abrasive, non flamable and non toxic. “|
TheBuffball really takes the drudgery of polishing in tight spots on car wheels. Even small openings and spokes quickly shine. Much quicker than you would be able to detail a car or truck wheel by hand with a cloth. The Buff Ball easily fits on to any drill or air tool.
|Polish Guy Tip : “The buff ball won’t tear like foam buffs if it hits a sharp edge. The dirtier it gets the better it works as the polish gets worked well into the fingers of the ball. It buffs at speeds up to 2500 RPMs and will not burn or scorch surfaces. The BuffBall works equally well on textured or smooth surfaces. ”
Before and After: