How to polish a VW plastic hubcap with Autosol Plastic Cleaner
In this polishing tip a Volkswagen 17″ plastic hubcap is polished to improve its appearance
using Autosol Plastic Cleaner Emulsion.
- Autosol® Plastic Cleaner Emulsion in a 75 ml tube (3.33 ounces) tube
- Microfiber cloth
- Nitrile Gloves
- Damp Sponge
Instructions and Application :
- Take the tube of Autosol Plastic Cleaner Emulsion and squeeze eight dots of polish about 1/2 the size of a dime around the perimeter of the hubcap spokes.
- With a damp sponge wipe the polish evenly over the entire hubcap in a small circular pattern.
- Pay close attention to where scratches are and use light pressure to polish them out.
- Wipe off any excess polish left with a microfiber cloth, turn cloth over and buff to desired sheen.
- Note: This hubcap had some of the finish chipped off where it hit a curb. Autosol can not help with that, but it did take out the light to medium scratches and blemishes found on the hub cap. I am sure you can see in the before and after photos that there is quite an improvement. This is a hard to find Autosol product that will keep your plastic hubcaps looking sharp.
|Polish Guy Tip : “Autosol Plastic Cleaner Emulsion has a silicone free formula that restores color and luster to a cars dash, interior or exterior plastic trim. Its anti-static formulation repels dust and dirt.|
Before and After: